ROME TRAVEL GUIDE AND HOTELS
Roma, Timeless city
The capital of Italy, in fact, is located at the center of the Italian peninsula and is the historical and cultural hub of the country.
Since its foundation, on 21 April 753 BC, the city of Rome has been modified several times, accompanying, through the centuries, all the eras of Italian history, of which, today, it is possible to recognize the beautiful traits in the most evocative corners of the metropolis.
Recognized as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, the Eternal City is famous above all for the history that shaped it.
In all seasons, in Rome and surroundings, it is possible to find events to participate in. Exhibitions, fairs and shows are spread throughout the year throughout the year.
During the Christmas period, Piazza Navona hosts the evocative crib market and, on the day of the Epiphany, we celebrate the arrival of the Befana, a traditional character; New Year's concerts are organized in many city spaces.
During the Carnival, between February and March, the towns around the capital organize fancy dress parties and parades, and in Rome it is a marathon time.
For April, on the occasion of the birth of Rome, special visits to the Roman Forums.
In May, the "concertone" of the Primo Maggio in piazza San Giovanni is renowned.
In the summer months, the city is animated by the events of the Roman Summer and in October, the now famous Rome Film Festival.
ROME - C U O R E - Valerio Giacone
C U O R E Valerio Giacone
vernissage : 20 october 2018 at 18.00
GALLERIA D'ARTE FABER
via dei banchi vecchi,31 ROMA
from 20/10/2018 to 8/12/2018
opening: tuesday-saturday 10.00-19.30
What not to be absolutely missed in Rome
To visit all the secrets of Rome it would take more lives, however, there are some steps that should not be missing in the Roman stay of a tourist.
Foro Romano and Colosseo Area
It is the center of ancient Rome civilization.
With the help of an expert guide, you can go into the everyday life of the ancient Romans and walk where Giulio Cesare and Cicerone walked.
Staying in that area, you can also visit the Vittoriano, in Piazza Venezia, and the Campidoglio, which host museums and exhibitions of excellence.
Villa Borghese and Galleria Borghese
Called the "Green Heart" of Rome for its particular form, Villa Borghese is an oasis of peace, but also of beauty and art. Inside the museum houses extraordinary works by Tiziano, Canova, Raffaello, Caravaggio and Bernini. Moreover, the Pincio, with its busts, the water clock and the splendid terrace over Rome, is a place that you can not miss.
Although located a few kilometers from the city, the archaeological site of Ostia Antica is one of the most fascinating and best preserved Roman sites. If desired, it can also be reached by a pleasant boat trip on the Tiber river.
ROMA Caput Mundi
The succession of epochs is visible in the many archaeological sites of ancient Rome, such as the Fori Imperiali, the Colosseum and the villas of the emperors, but also in the catacombs of the early Christian era and in the churches, adorned by major Italian artists, such as Caravaggio and Michelangelo.
You can enter history in the many noble palaces, which often host museums, in the squares of the historic center, with sculptures by the likes of Bernini and Borromini and in the characteristic districts, such as Trastevere.
There are, of course, modern works, such as the Foro Italico, the Auditorium of Renzo Piano or the MAXXI.
In fact, in Rome there is not only archeology, but the evolution of a good part of Western civilization.
Rome's Small culinary guide
CACIO E PEPE - One of the many "first" for which the cuisine of Rome is famous in the world, very simple to prepare ... rigorously with Pecorino romano and freshly ground black pepper!
In Italy, every city is famous for its gastronomic tradition and Rome, in particular, still preserves many of the traditional recipes, which have delighted the Romans over the centuries. Many dishes derive from popular cuisine, but others originate from the encounter between different cultures.
Among the starters you can taste the fillets of cod in batter and the supplì; among the first courses we find pasta alla carbonara and amatriciana, rigatoni with pajata, gnocchi and spaghetti cacio e pepe.
Exceptional second courses are the Roman tripe, the "coratella", the "pajata", the "coda alla vaccinara" and the artichoke alla giudia.
As a dessert, the maritozzo with the cream and the grattachecca are among the most characteristic.
ABBACCHIO ALLA ROMANA
Lamb 1 kg (at least ribs and kidneys)
rosemary 1 sprig
2 anchovies in salt
olive oil 50 gr.
Fry two crushed garlic cloves in oil in a pan and place the lamb previously cut into pieces, add salt and pepper and sauté over a low flame.
Apart from pounding in a mortar 1/2 clove of garlic and the leaves of rosemary after washing and drying and add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar.
Once the lamb is well browned, add the sauce so obtained from the mortar to the pan, stir constantly over a low flame and wait for the vinegar to evaporate completely.
At this point, serve in pre-heated dishes, sprinkle the meat with the sauce and serve ... perhaps accompanying it with two artichokes in the giudia.
Wash everything with a good structured red Castelli such as the Velletri Rosso.
TOURIST INFORMATION POINTS - PIT
(unless otherwise specified the offices are open 7/7 or every day)
- Stazione Termini Via G. Giolitti 34, Interno edificio F – binario n. 24 7/7 8.00 -18.45
- Barberini Department of Tourism and Fashion Promotion of Rome Capital Via di San Basilio 51 from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 19.00. Saturday and Sunday and 21/4 closed.
- Nazionale Via Nazionale (Palazzo delle Esposizioni) 7/7 from 9.30 to 19.00 *
- Minghetti Via Marco Minghetti (angolo Via del Corso) 7/7 from 9.30 to 19.00 *
- Fori Imperiali Via dei Fori Imperiali 7/7 from 9.30 to 19.00 *
- Navona Piazza delle Cinque Lune (Piazza Navona), 7/7 from 9.30 to 19.00 *
- Auditorium Via della Conciliazione, 4 7/7 from 8.30 alle 18.00 *
- Sonnino Piazza Sidney Sonnino (Trastevere) 7/7 from 10.30 to 20.00 *
- Tiburtina Stazione Tiburtina 7/7 from 9.30 to 19.00
- Ciampino Aeroporto – external area International Arrivals 7/7 from 8.30 to 18.00
- Fiumicino Aeroporto Arrivi Int. Terminal T3 7/7 from 9.00 to 17.45
- Ostia Lido Lungomare Paolo Toscanelli angolo Piazza Anco Marzio, open from 2 May to 27 September, only Saturday and Sunday from 16.00-21.45
- Touring Club Piazza SS. Apostoli 62/65, open Monday to Saturday 11.30-14.00 and 14.30 -18.30. Sunday 10.00 -13.00. Closed: holidays and Sundays in August.
- San Pietro – Info Point ORP Largo del Colonnato 1 7/7 from 9.00 to18.00
- Portico d’Ottavia – Jewish Info Point Via di Santa Maria del Pianto 1, open from Monday to Thursday 8.30-18.00; Friday 8.30-14.00; Closed Saturday. Sunday 11.00-18.00. Closed from 14 to 18 August 2015 for holidays. Closed for Jewish Holidays + 1 January, 25 April, 1 May and 2 June.
[ (*) = offices with Interpreting on the Italian Language Network of LIS Signs]
CALL CENTER tel. 060608 FROM 9.00 TO 21.00